On this page you will find all the information about registry.

  1. Last updated on

If you are Belgian, all changes to your civil status are governed by Belgian law. Belgian law applies even if you live abroad.

If you live abroad, you must inform your local Belgian consulate of any changes to your civil status.

The recognition of foreign documents and certificates in Belgium and their transcription into the civil status registers will be covered extensively in this section.

In some cases, the Head of a Belgian consulate abroad can act as a Registrar. This section clarifies which documents and certificates they may draw up.

Read more on the FPS Foreign Affairs website