Home Legalisation of documents
Legalisation of documents
EACH document has to be legalized by the Foreign Ministry of the country of origin (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Liberia or Sierra Leone).
Attention ! Ivorian documents have to be legalized first by:
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs (for parental authorizations, the study documents, incl. the diploma’s, the documents of the civil registry) prior to legalization by the Foreign Ministry in Abidjan (and then finally by the Embassy of Belgium in Abidjan) or
- The Ministry of Justice, department DACP (for Police clearances, delegations of paternal authority, notary acts, nationality certificates.. all documents emanating from Justice) prior to legalization by the Foreign Ministry in Abidjan (and then finally by the Embassy of Belgium in Abidjan)
Sierra Leone documents are legalized at the hon. Consulate in Freetown;
Liberian documents are legalized at the hon. Consulate in Monrovia;
Ivorian and Ghanaian documents are legalized in last instance by the Embassy of Belgium in Abidjan.
The costs of sending the documents to Abidjan and back are at the expense of the person requesting the legalization.
A legalization costs FCFA 13.200 per document, payable in FCFA.
1. As a rule, the FCFA have to be paid cash at the reception of the Embassy in Abidjan.
2. Persons residing in Ghana may settle the legalization and shipping costs (DHL) as follows:
- through friends or family members residing in Ivory Coast .
3. Persons residing in Belgium may settle the legalization and shipping costs (DHL) as follows:
- through friends or family members residing in Ivory Coast or
- sending the money, at their own risc, in the envelope containing the documents to be legalized.
As soon as the document(s) and the money have been received, the legalization can be started. The Embassy will let you know when the document(s) are ready so that you may take the necessary steps to retrieve the document(s). Please allow for 24 working hours after receiving the money.